Welcome. You have arrived at a website operated by Hof’s Hut Restaurants, Inc. dba Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ (“Lucille’s,” “Company” or “we,” “our” or “us”). We respect your privacy and want to protect your personal information.
What Information We Collect
Information You Provide to Us
In connection with the Goods and Services we provide, we may ask you to provide us with certain information, including:
- your first and last name, email address, home or business address, telephone number, mobile number, username, number, and your birthdate;
- your credit card or debit card and your payment and/or visit history;
- your reservation, order, and delivery information, including menu items, delivery addresses, or other details about the orders you place (e.g., your car model and license plate to identify vehicle for pickup), and your order history;
- in the case of employment applications, your current or past employment information and educational information;
- social media information, such as social media handles, content and other data shared with us through third-party features that you use on our Site and other service (such as apps, tools, payment services, widgets and plug-ins offered by social media services like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) or posted on social media pages (such as our social media page or other pages accessible to us);
- other information that could reasonably be used to identify you personally or identify your household or device ((i) and (ii) are collectively referred to hereinafter as “Personal Information”); and/or
- demographic information, such as your country, state, or county of residence or business operation (“Demographic Information”).
Your decision to provide us with information is voluntary, but if you choose not to provide any requested information, you may not be able to take advantage of all of the Site’s features or our Goods and Services.
We use that information to allow you to access the Site and our Goods and Services, to improve our website and to send you marketing communications at your request.
In addition to information that you choose to submit to us, we and/or our service providers may automatically collect and/or store certain information when you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may be stored and/or accessed from your personal computer, laptop, tablet, mobile phone or other device (a “Device”) whenever you visit or interact with our Site. Usage Information may include:
- Your IP address, IDFA, Android/Google Advertising ID, IMEI, or another unique identifier (“Device Identifier”);
- Your Device functionality (including browser, browser language, operating system, hardware, mobile network information);
- Referring and exit web pages and URLs;
- The areas within our Site that you visit and your activities there, including remembering you and your preferences;
- Your Device location or other geolocation information, including the zip code, state, or country from which you accessed the Goods and Services;
- Your Device characteristics; and
- Certain other Device data, including the time of day you visit our Site.
For location information, we may use this information to provide customized Goods and Services, content, promotional offers, and other information that may be of interest to you.
If you no longer wish for us or our service providers to collect and use location information, you may disable the location features on your device. Consult your device manufacturer’s settings for instructions. Please note that if you disable such features, your ability to access certain features, Goods and Services, content, promotions, or products may be limited or disabled.
We may use various methods and technologies to store or collect Usage Information (“Tracking Technologies”). Tracking Technologies may set, change, alter or modify settings or configurations on your Device. A few of the Tracking Technologies used on the Site, include, but are not limited to, the following (as well as future-developed tracking technology or methods that are not listed here):
- Cookies. A cookie is a file placed on a Device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information on your Device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of cookie technology to store information on local storage.
- Web Beacons. A Web Beacon is a small tag (which may be invisible to you) that may be placed on our Site’s pages and messages.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click on.
- ETag, or entity tag. An Etag or entity tag is a feature of the cache in browsers. It is an opaque identifier assigned by a web server to a specific version of a resource found at a URL.
- Browser Fingerprinting. Collection and analysis of information from your Device, such as, without limitation, your operating system, plug-ins, system fonts and other data, for purposes of identification.
- Recognition Technologies. Technologies, including application of statistical probability to data sets, which attempt to recognize or make assumptions about users and devices (e.g., that a user of multiple devices is the same user).
We may use Tracking Technologies for a variety of purposes, including:
- To allow you to use and access the Site, including for the prevention of fraudulent activity and improved security functionality;
- To assess the performance of the Site, including as part of our analytic practices or otherwise to improve the content, products or services offered through the Site;
- To offer you enhanced functionality when accessing the Site, including identifying you when you sign into our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences or to track your online activities over time and across third-party sites; and
- To deliver content relevant to your interests on our Site and third‑party sites based on how you interact with our content.
We’ve put our cookies into the following categories or “types,” to make it easier for you to understand why we need them:
- Strictly necessary – these are used to help make our Site work efficiently.
- Performance – these are used to analyze the way our Site work and how we can improve it.
- Functionality – these help to enhance your experience by doing things like remembering what you’ve done in our client portal.
Cookies and You
To use our tools or sign up for information from us, you must have cookies enabled on your internet browser. Some of the more popular browsers (and links to manage your cookies on each) are:
If you choose not to enable cookies, you will still be able to browse our Site, but it will restrict some of the functionality of the Site and what you can do.
Controlling Your Cookies
You can set your web browser to alert you when a cookie is being used. You can also get information on the duration of the cookie and what server your data is being returned to. You then can accept or reject the cookie. Additionally, you can set your browser to refuse all cookies or accept only cookies returned to the originating servers.
You can opt in or out of cookies at any time – except strictly necessary cookies (these are used to help make our Site work efficiently). You can access our Cookies Settings tool.
You can enable or disable cookies in your browser. If you wish to restrict or block the cookies set by any website, you can do this through the web browser settings for each web browser you use, on each device you use to access the internet.
Information on controlling and deleting cookies, including on a wide variety of browsers, is also available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you want to opt-out of cookies across different advertising networks, the Network Advertising Initiative website – www.networkadvertising.org – has more information and guidance.
If you don't wish to accept cookies from one of our emails, you can choose not to download any images or click on any links. You can also set your browser to restrict cookies or to reject them entirely. These settings will apply to all cookies, whether included on websites or in emails. Depending on your email or browser settings, cookies in an email may sometimes be automatically accepted (for example, when you’ve added an email address to your address book or safe senders list). For more information, refer to your email browser or device instructions.
Sources of Personal Information
Additionally, we may obtain Personal Information from you where you expressly provide us with the information. Examples of sources from which we collect information include:
- via web forms or inputs/uploads into our Site;
- when you send an email or letter to contact us;
- from reservation software and/or applications;
- from food delivery or pickup software and/or applications;
- when you purchase products online or at our Locations;
- when you visit one of our locations;
- through interviews and phone calls with you;
- in documents you have provided to us, and
- from employment applications.
We may use closed circuit video surveillance cameras at some of our Locations to monitor building and parking lot security and assist in crime prevention, detection, and investigation, and to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors to our facilities. We may also record and store telephone calls and chat transcripts for a period of time when you interact with our customer or technical support personnel, or if you provide us with feedback about our Goods and Services.
Information We Collect When You Interact with Third-Party Sites
Information from Third Parties
In addition, we may collect information about you from other sources, including consumer credit reporting agencies and state or federal agencies. We may also obtain information about you from marketers and market research firms. We may combine the information we collect from third parties with information that we have collected from you or through your use of the Goods and Services.
Why We Collect Information
We may use your information for various purposes, including:
- Responding to your requests for information;
- Providing Goods and Services to you:
- Processing your reservation at one of our Locations;
- Processing your takeout or delivery order at one of our Locations;
- Verifying your identity and for fraud prevention;
- Processing your payments;
- Evaluating your employment application;
- Providing you with updates and information about products and services we provide;
- Sending you marketing information about us and our affiliated entities;
- Sending you email communications such as electronic newsletters about our Goods and Services and events and promotions which may be of interest to you;
- Improving the effectiveness of our Site, our marketing endeavors, and our product and service offerings;
- Obtaining your feedback and reviews regarding our Site, Goods and Services, Locations, or your customer experience;
- Identifying your product and service preferences, providing personalized content and ads, and informing you of new or additional information, products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Helping us address problems with and improve our Site and our products and services, including testing and creating new products, features, and services;
- Providing mobile marketing messages and other communications and messages;
- Protecting the security and integrity of the Site, including understanding, and resolving any technical and security issues reported on our Sites;
- Engaging in analysis, research, and reports regarding the use of our Sites and Goods and Services;
- For internal business purposes;
- Complying with the law and protecting our safety, rights, property or security, Goods and Services, and the general public; and
When We Disclose Information
We may share your information, including your Personal Information, with our affiliates and other third parties performing services for us, such as payment processors, food delivery services, or companies with whom we have marketing or other relationships. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request additional information regarding the “sale” of your information. Please see the Section entitled “Your California Privacy Rights” below about these rights.
In addition, to the extent permitted by law and any applicable state Code of Professional Conduct, certain nonpublic information about you may be disclosed in the following situations:
- To comply with a validly issued and enforceable subpoena or summons.
- In the course of a review of our company’s practices under the authorization of a state or national licensing board, or as necessary to properly respond to an inquiry or complaint from such a licensing board of organization.
- In conjunction with a prospective purchase, sale, or merger of all or part of our practice, provided that we take appropriate precautions (for example, through a written confidentiality agreement) so the prospective purchaser or merger partner does not disclose information obtained in the course of the review.
- As a part of any actual or threatened legal proceedings or alternative dispute resolution proceedings either initiated by or against us, provided we disclose only the information necessary to file, pursue, or defend against the lawsuit and take reasonable precautions to ensure that the information disclosed does not become a matter of public record.
- To provide information to affiliates of the company and nonaffiliated third parties who perform services or functions for us in conjunction with our services to you, but only if we have a contractual agreement with the other party which prohibits them from disclosing or using the information other than for the purposes for which it was disclosed. Examples of such disclosures include using a payment processor, reservations maker, merchandise store, customer service provider, email marketing provider, or food delivery service.
We may aggregate, de-identify, and/or anonymize any information collected through the Site or Goods and Services such that such information is no longer linked to your personally identifiable information. We may use and share this aggregated and anonymized information (non-Personal Information) for any purpose, including without limitation, for research and marketing purposes, and may also share such data with our affiliates and third parties, including advertisers, promotional partners, and others.
Ads and Information About You
You may see certain ads on our Site because we participate in advertising networks administered by third parties. These networks track your online activities over time and across third party websites and online services by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of the Tracking Technologies described above, and they use this information to show you advertisements that are tailored to your individual interests. The information they collect includes information about your visits to our Site, such as the pages you have viewed. This collection and ad targeting takes place both on our Site and on third-party websites that participate in the ad network. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our communications and marketing efforts.
Your Choices About the Information We Collect
If you do not wish to receive e-mails about special offers, events, and other promotions from us, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out or click the link in the email to “unsubscribe.” If you do not wish to receive other marketing materials by regular mail from us, please write us at:
Hof’s Hut Restaurants, Inc.
2601 E. Willow St.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Please note that certain of your personal information, such as your name or other identifying information, may remain in our database even after a deletion request in order to maintain the integrity and historical record of our database and systems, or to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
We recognize the importance of children’s safety and privacy. The Site is not designed to attract children and is not intended for use by children under the age of 16. We do not request, or knowingly collect or sell, any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 16 who has provided her or his information to us, please contact us at email@example.com to request the deletion of that information.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a web browser setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. When you choose to turn on the DNT setting in your browser, your browser sends a special signal to websites, analytics companies, ad networks, plug in providers, and other web services you encounter while browsing to stop tracking your activity. Various third parties are developing or have developed signals or other mechanisms for the expression of consumer choice regarding the collection of information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services (e.g., browser do not track signals), but there is no universally agreed upon standard for what a company should do when it detects a DNT signal. Currently, we do not monitor or take any action with respect to these signals or other mechanisms. You can learn more about Do Not Track at www.allaboutdnt.com.
Visitors to the Site Outside of the United States
Updating Personal Information
We prefer to keep your Personal Information accurate and up to date. If you would like to change your contact information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If so, we will make good faith efforts to make requested changes in our then active databases as soon as reasonably practicable (but we may retain prior information as business records). Please note that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases and that residual data may remain on backup media or for other reasons, such as a legitimate business reason.
In addition, please note that if you implement a deletion request but later sign up for information or Goods and Services, your most recent request will control our information relationship with you.
We incorporate commercially reasonable safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. However, no data transmission over the Internet, mobile networks, wireless transmission, or electronic storage of information can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you provide us with your information at your own risk.
Your California Privacy Rights
This Privacy Notice is for California Residents and applies solely to all visitors, users, and others who reside in the State of California (“Consumers”). We adopt this Notice to comply with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this Section.
As described above, we collect certain types of personal information about you during your relationship with us as a user, patron, purchaser, or visitor.
Under California law, if you are a resident of California, under certain circumstances, you have the right to request certain information that we collect about you, including:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected from you;
- The categories of sources from which we collected the Personal Information;
- The business purpose we have for collecting or sharing that Personal Information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share such Personal Information; and
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
In addition, you may request that we provide you with:
- The categories of Personal Information that we sold about you, and the categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold, by category or categories of Personal Information for each category of third parties to whom the information was sold;
- The categories of Personal Information that we have disclosed about you for a business purpose;
- The category or categories of consumers’ Personal Information that we have sold, or if we have not sold consumers’ Personal Information; and
- The category or categories of consumers’ Personal Information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, or if we have not disclosed that information for a business purpose.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Notice of Financial Incentives
As permitted by the CCPA, we may offer you certain financial incentives through the rewards programs at our restaurants that can result in different prices, rates, or service levels. The information that we collect for enrollment in the program (listed above) allows us to tailor our communications and products and services suggestions for you. This, in turn, helps us establish a stronger relationship with you – something we truly value.
If you participate in our rewards programs, we may send you promotions or discounts on our Goods and Services. The value of these discounts varies and depends on the type of product you are buying. For example, you could receive a discount of a specified amount off your next visit with us, or a free food item.
In determining the value of this data to us, we consider the profit generated from your visit to us based on the Personal Information you have provided, which is reasonably correlated to the value provided to the consumer through personalized coupons, promotions, and other discounts or offers.
Participation in our rewards programs is voluntary and requires your prior opt-in consent, which you may revoke at any time. If you wish to leave our rewards programs, please reach out to us using the information in the Contact Us section below.
For full program details, please click on the “EClub” or “Preferred Guest” section on our Home Page.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale or Sharing of Personal Information
As a California resident, you also have the right, at any time, to tell us not to sell Personal Information – this is called the “right to opt-out” of the sale of Personal Information or “Do Not Sell.”
We do not sell Personal Information, but we recognize that some privacy laws define “personal information” in such a way that making available identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a “sale.” To opt-out of this, please click on this link.
Separately, California law also provides you with the ability to limit the use and disclosure of your sensitive personal information, however, we always limit our use of any sensitive personal information to only that which is necessary to perform our services for you, as set forth above. We do not share your sensitive personal information or use that information to infer characteristics about you as a consumer.
Right to Delete Personal Information
You also have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.);
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
- Comply with a legal obligation; or
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Please note that if we collected information about you for a single one-time transaction and do not keep that information in the ordinary course of business, that information will not be retained for purposes of a request under this section. In addition, if we have de-identified or anonymized data about you, we are not required to re-identify or otherwise link your identity to that data if it is not otherwise maintained that way in our records.
Right to Correct Personal Information
You have the right to correct Personal Information that we collect from you. Please see the Updating Personal Information section above.
How to Exercise Your Rights
You may make a written request to us here to request this information. We may require you to confirm your identity and your residency in order to obtain the information, and you are only entitled to make this request twice a year. You may call, email or write us with your request at the contact information below. Please include “California Privacy Rights” as the subject line. You must include your full name, email address, and attest to the fact that you are a California resident by including a California postal address in your request. We will respond to your request within 45 days or let you know if we need additional time.
c/o Hof’s Hut Restaurants, Inc. dba Lucille’s Smokehouse BBQ
Attention: California Privacy Inquiry
2601 E. Willow St.
Signal Hill, CA 90755
(888) 914-9661 (please reference PIN #234011)
Your Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident, you have the right to request certain information from us regarding the collection and sale of your personal information (as defined in Nevada Revised Statutes 603A.320) during your visit to our websites or when you otherwise interact with us online. If you have sought or acquired, by purchase or lease, any goods or services for personal, family, or household purposes from the Saint & Second Site, you may ask us to disclose whether we have sold (for monetary consideration) certain information about you (including your first and last name, physical address, email address, telephone number, social security number, an identifier that allows you to be contacted either physically or online, or other contact information that allows us to identify you personally).
As a Nevada resident, you may also request to opt out of us sharing such information about you. To make this inquiry, please submit a request in writing to email@example.com with “Nevada Privacy Rights” in the subject line. You must include your full name, email address, and attest that you are a Nevada resident by providing a Nevada postal address in your request. Please state whether you are requesting information and/or opting out.
We will process your request within 60 days, or we will let you know if we need additional time. We may require additional information to verify your identity before we can respond.